Monday, November 28, 2016

Paganini

It was a simple clear package. He handed it to me apologetically, as it had been sitting in his room for several weeks, somehow he'd kept forgetting to give it to me. I wasn't expecting a gift, so it was a kind surprise, but as he handed me the gift and I thanked him for it, I looked down to see what was in my hand. I was startled. It was a comb.

When I first came to Lebanon, I arrived with 2 large suitcases and a carry-on, each packed to the limit. Returning in the summer, I picked up several items that were hard to find in Beirut, or were more expensive. One day, when I was laboriously trying to make some sense out of my hair that insisted on grabbing onto the humidity in the air and looking like a rat's nest, I thought how wonderful it would be to have a comb. Yes, it seemed like a small thing but living at the top of the hill meant that even a trip to find a comb became an expedition in itself.

I went to town with friends a couple of times and didn't manage to find a good comb. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind and resigned myself to waiting til I had a solid afternoon to dedicate to shopping for several items I needed. Then my friend handed me a comb.

This wasn't just any comb, either. The package said it was a spinning tooth comb patented to gently turn and roll out the tangles easily without damaging my hair and was ideal for all hair types. My hair can get very tangled as I have been blessed with the Islander genes in that regards. I smiled inside as I realized that my Heavenly Father, Who knew I'd been looking for a comb, had provided one at just the right time.

I've been asking God to answer several prayer requests in my life. Though I know logically that He will answer them in His perfect timing, I tend to forget reality and get caught up in the thought that He isn't capable and I have to do it all by myself. This tends to make me even more stressed out, of course. Yet, as He reminded me once again today, God knows what I need and He will provide it in a way that will let me know without a doubt that the answer has come from Him. It may be something as simple as a comb or as complex as my future but regardless, if I trust and wait in faith, He will honour the request and answer it at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment