Thursday, June 30, 2016

He Has Been Good To Me

I can't believe I've already been here 4 1/2 months! As I look back on my calendar, I see the weeks getting progressively fuller and fuller with appointments. Each day has been packed with adventures and I'm certain the ones ahead will be also. God has been good to me. Here are just a few highlights of my adventure thus far.
  • Tutoring students
  • Choir trip to Mouseitbeh church, which is linked to one of two elementary schools in Beirut
  • Birthday celebrations, farewells, baby showers, and baby dedications, usually involving a surprise cake and dessert
  • Move night with Sound of Music and singing along to old favourites
  • Staying up til past midnight to watch the Sharley wedding livestream in Washington
  • Preparing a program for prayer meeting
  • Camping at Baskinta, the church-owned property, and coming home at midnight because my friend got sick
  • Going to the airport to pick up the Jackson family & making sure they felt at home
  • Visiting Jeitta Grotto after 18 years
  • Sitting on many endless committees
  • Helping coordinate a campus-wide Bible game for about 60 kids and adults
  • Signing up to do laundry, as we get 2 times to wash laundry per week
  • Sitting on the roof in the dark, talking to God, as I see the lights of nighttime Beirut
  • Trips to Cheesecake Factory, Mr. Cocktail, Kurkouge, Zaatar w Zeit, and dipndip
  • Taking my laptop multiple times to be fixed
  • Visiting the Blue Mosque in downtown Beirut and wandering all over the place
  • Visiting Byblos & clambering up and down a tricky bit of rock to take selfies by the Mediterranean Sea
  • Visiting Harissa and taking the telepherique (cable car) to get to the top of the mountain
  • Hiking in El Chouf area two Sundays in a row, one over goat trails and the other by Niha Fortress and through a cedar forest
  • Teaching Advanced Writing in spring and then teaching an Intermediate Writing intensive in the summer
  • Changing jobs in June to be executive assistant to the president
  • Celebrating my birthday with a fundraising meal that raised nearly $500 for a refugee child to go to school
  • Learning how to order a fruit cocktail and manaeesh sandwich in Arabic

No comments:

Post a Comment