Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Prayers in a Blender

I am struggling with not being able to post regularly. My laptop keyboard died completely about a week ago and I didn't realize it til Sunday evening. I asked the IT guys here but they don't fix keyboards which means I will have to go to the mall and find CompuWorld.

Someone told me today that they found an ear clinic in the country they've adopted as their own. They were so pleased they'd found it while I marvelled at their bravery. If anything medical were to come up over the next 4 months, such as a toothache, I was determined to stick it out till I went home.

Home. Coming here I thought I'd find home. The past couple of weeks, though, I've been thinking of my American home. Today especially I was missing my mom and brother while yesterday I was so upset that all my things were in storage rather than easily accessible. I thought homesickness came only in the beginning but perhaps I was wrong.

Lest you think this experience is all glum, let me reassure you that it isn't. Yesterday we went walking even though it had been pouring rain all day. I look forward to the group that keeps me accountable and enjoy laughing with them.

Monday as we were huddled around the cash register at the fruit cocktail shop arguing over who would pay, Sarah came around the corner and gave me a hug. "Pray for me," she whispered urgently. I nodded my head vigorously and said I would. "I need lots of prayers," she said as she hurried back to the counter to blend the next fruit smoothie. "I will." I promised.

I don't know what Sarah's needs are but I know my heavenly Father does. Tomorrow we'll go and get another fruit cocktail after we walk and I pray God will give me the right words to say to encourage her.

No comments:

Post a Comment